The Grays Harbor Community Foundation (GHCF) operates a highly impactful Community Building Grants program twice annually. These opportunities are targeted toward organizations looking to address larger scale projects in their community. However, to truly be responsive and meet the needs of our community, the GHCF has implemented a Small Grants Program. This program targets organizations looking to make a more immediate impact on a smaller scale. Small Grants will be offered through multiple granting opportunities.
Amount: $5,000 and below
Type: Any organization which addresses one or more of our Giving Priorities.
Requirements: Small Grant requests might include small scale technology needs, items for shelters or housing programs, food purchases for feeding programs, educational supplies for early learning or schools, small renovation or improvement projects, capacity building, etc. Please check with our Program Officer if you are unsure if your request matches the outline.
Grant Program Details:
- Small Grants are available to organizations throughout Grays Harbor County
- Priority goes to organizations that plan to use the funds immediately or within 2 months
- Organizations awarded a Community Building Grant (CBG) are still eligible for a Small Grant as long as it is intended for a different project
- Must be $5,000 or less; if not, apply for Community Building Grant
- Funds cannot be used for fundraisers, endowments, re-granting programs or scholarships
- Organizations and school districts are only eligible to apply for one small grant per year. Requests must be approved by school district officials.
Our deadlines for small grant applications are: January 1, April 1, July 3rd and November 1.