Community Building Grants Program
The Grays Harbor Community Foundation addresses community needs by supporting nonprofit organizations throughout Grays Harbor County. The Foundation recognizes that the needs of our community are many. We support organizations in arts and culture, education, health and human services. Grant applications from all nonprofit organizations that meet our priorities and that are serving local residents are welcomed and encouraged.
The Grays Harbor Community Foundation offers a flexible granting cycle to address our community’s needs and immediate goals. We give high priority to investments that create positive, substantive change and attempt to resolve problems at their source.
Community Building Grant Details
The Community Building Grants program awards funds twice annually to nonprofits with the deadlines of February 1st and October 1st. The typical range of $5,000 to $30,000. However, any requests outside of that range can be discussed with our office prior to submittal.
Two Community Building Grant cycles occur twice annually, with an application deadline of February 1 and October 1. GHCF looks for proposals that show:
- the strength of the applicant organization
- show the ability to leverage other funding
- address a community need
- fit well within the GHCF’s giving priorities
- have a positive impact on persons and/or the community
- demonstrate the capacity to provide the necessary services using good administrative and financial management
First Time Applicants
- Please call to schedule a time for us to meet and learn more about your organization before submitting an application
Final Reports are necessary to be considered for future funding. Organizations that do not submit a final report will be disqualified for future funding opportunities.
- Bids must be submitted at time of application
- Site visits are required
- Submit photos of proposed project
The Foundations Community Building Grants program is not a source of ongoing annual funding for your organization. Applicants may receive one Community Building Grant award per 12-month period and preference is given to those organizations who have not received Foundation grants in recent years.
Activities Typically Not Eligible
- One-time activities; with the exception of school field trips
- Endowment contributions
- Re-granting programs
- Deficit Funding
- Feasibility studies and strategic planning
- Religious organizations applying for grants must submit a project that benefits the community as a whole
Organizations are only allowed to apply for funds for the same project once per calendar year. If applying for s Small Grant in addition to a Community Building Grant during a different cycle, funds must be used for a different project.