The Board of the Grays Harbor Community Foundation seeks a dynamic leader for our open position of Executive Director. We are looking for an individual who is a strong relationship builder and strategic thinker to help grow and guide our organization.
Formed in 1994, the Grays Harbor Community Foundation is an independent corporation with 501©(3) public charity status. The Foundation is governed by a Board of Directors that supports local philanthropy by helping individuals, families, and corporations establish permanent endowments and other funds for a variety of charitable purposes within Grays Harbor County, Washington. With 94 funds and assets of $50.1 million, the Foundation distributes over $2 million in grants and scholarships annually.
The Executive Director is the Chief Executive Officer of Grays Harbor Community Foundation, and reports to the Board of Directors. The director is responsible for the organization achieving its mission and financial objectives. Specific responsibilities include program planning, development, donor relations, administration, budget, finance, and management of staff and board support.
In program planning, development, and administration, the executive Director will:
• Assure that the organization has a long-range strategy that achieves its mission and remains financially sound.
• Provide leadership in developing policy, program, and financial plans with the Board of Directors, committees and staff, carry out plans and policies authorized by the Board.
• Plan, implement, see to completion, and evaluate programs, events, and activities.
• Maintain official records and documents, and ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
• Assist Board in strategic planning.
In budget, finance, and donor development, the Executive Director will:
• Develop and maintain sound financial practices.
• Ensure that adequate funds are available to permit the organization to carry out its mission.
• Prepare a budget in consultation with the finance committee and the Board.
• Monitor finances monthly and report to the Board at its regular meetings.
• Assist finance committee in quarterly review of investment performance.
• Work with the Board to cultivate prospective donors.
• Maintain relationships with current donors.
• Responsible for official correspondence of the organization and implementation of all legal documents.
In management of staff and in relations to the Board, the Executive Director will:
• Responsible for the recruitment, hiring of high quality and diverse staff, and management of all staff members.
• Delegate appropriate responsibilities to staff with accountability.
• Encourage staff development and education.
• Keep the Board informed on a regular basis about all aspects of the organization.
• Share the Foundation’s activities and programs with the general public.
• Candidates should have at least a Bachelor’s degree and at least five years of experience at a managerial level.
• Strong administrative and communication skills are required.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access (or similar).
Compensation and Benefits
• Salary Range (DOE) — $110,000 to $115,000
• Medical Insurance — ($700 per month/pay-in-lieu)
• Retirement Benefits — All employees are eligible for participation in a 401(k) with Foundation contribution of 5% of earnings, with immediate vesting.
• P.T.O. — 15 days with 20 days after 3 years.
Submit letter of interest, detailed resume and three professional references to:
Executive Search Committee via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information on this position, contact email@example.com.
Resumes due by 5:00 PM on March 27, 2015.
Grays Harbor Community Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.