In 2017, the Grays Harbor Community Foundation awarded over $700,000 in scholarships to outstanding undergraduate and vocational students from Grays Harbor County. Scholarships may be used for tuition, room and board, or required fees and supplies. Recipients who remain eligible and re-apply via the online renewal application process each year may receive up to four years’ funding for their undergraduate or vocational studies. Students need to fill out only one application to be eligible for one of the available scholarships. The next application period will be January 1st-March 1st 2018.
All applicants must meet the following requirements:
Every applicant …
- Must be a resident of Grays Harbor County OR
- Must have graduated from a Grays Harbor County high school
- Must submit a complete application following the guidelines under “How to Apply.”
- Must request renewal online each year to continue receiving a scholarship (up to 4 years)
- Renewals may be deferred for one year only, after which a complete application must be submitted
Further, each undergraduate student …
- Must enroll as a full-time student (12 credits minimum) at an accredited college, university, or trade/vocational school
- Is more likely to be considered with a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 (or its equivalent B average) in both high school and college, if applicable.
Beyond meeting these basic requirements, each applicant should exhibit outstanding character, a proven work ethic, and the promise of useful citizenship. These more qualitative judgments will be based on the applicant’s personal essay, resume and other information provided through the application form.
Student Agreement Forms
If you received an award this year, you need to complete your Student Agreement Form by June 30th @ 5:00PM.
We cannot accept any mailed or emailed documents that are submitted outside of the eGrant system. You will need to scan your unofficial transcript and attach it to the application in order for it to be considered complete.
If you forget your login information for your application, please do not create a second login. Contact the Community Foundation office at (360)532-1600 or email email@example.com and we will help you.