Formed in 1994, the Grays Harbor Community Foundation is an independent corporation with 501(c) (3) public charity status. The Foundation is governed by a Board of Directors that supports local philanthropy by helping individuals, families, and corporations establish permanent endowments and other funds for a variety of charitable purposes within Grays Harbor County, Washington. With 101 funds and assets of $61.5 million, the Foundation distributes over $2 million in grants and scholarships annually.
The Administrative Assistant will support the Executive Director and other staff in all facets of business operations and assist or continue operations of the office in the absence of the Executive Director and other staff. Primary duties for this position will include interacting with clients and the public, answering telephones, handling correspondence, maintain the filing system, database management, creating, and editing draft documents.
- Work and assist with staff, Board of Directors, and Committees to ensure smooth operation of the Foundation
- Work with contractors, consultants, and service providers to accomplish required projects, operations, and office function
- Produce first draft through final documentation of all meetings including: agendas, minutes, and other correspondence or documentation for staff, committees, and BOD; ensuring accurate incorporation of suggested changes, corrections, and comments in a timely manner
- Planning, organizing, and coordinating meetings, events, and celebrations
- Database management, data analysis, and information development and production
- Letter and other document design, creation, production, and distribution
- Computer files, website and back-up process
- Answering phones and appointment scheduling
- Light bookkeeping including banking, bill payment, and other check writing
- Light office cleaning
Other duties as necessary to keep an administrative office functioning, independent of direct supervision.
- Must be dependable & reliable
- Minimum of five years of office support experience is required. Higher education is desired.
- Excellent organizational abilities, attention to detail and a self-starter
- Strong proofreading skills including a high standard of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to plan and carry out responsibilities with limited direction
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Good general computer skills, including, Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, and OutlookCompensation and Benefits
- Salary Range — DOQ
- Medical Insurance — ($900 per month/pay-in-lieu)
- Retirement Benefits — All employees are immediately eligible for participation in a Simple IRA with a Foundation match.
- P.T.O. — 20 days with 24 days after 3 years.
Submit letter of interest, detailed resume and three professional references to: Search Committee via e-mail: email@example.com. For further information on this position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position closes Friday, August 18 at 5pm.
Grays Harbor Community Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.